Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of healthcare-related work experience, preferably in Venture Capital , Investment Banking, Equity Research, or Strategy Consultingl at a leading firm. Individuals with experience in a Business Development, Corporate Development or other functions at a pharmaceutical or a medical device company will also be considered.
● Conduct broad and extensive research to understand the healthcare/ investment markets.
● Liaison between U.S. and China team of investment and portfolio management professionals.
● Supporting existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review with other investment professionals and finance, legal colleagues in the firm.
● Quarterbacking all stages of due diligence including product-specific diligence, market analysis, and conducting primary and secondary research.
● Reviewing and evaluating new business plans.
● Modest sourcing of new investment opportunities through strategic analysis of market sectors and identifying appropriate targets, attending industry events (such as conferences), and contacting and building relationships with executives.
● Assisting team with producing investment memorandum, PowerPoint presentations, and other internal presentation documents for Managing partners.
● At least 3-5 years of investment (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity) or healthcare consulting experience.
● Curiosity and drive to learn as much as possible about the healthcare and investment ecosystems.
● Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured environment.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex analytics
● Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
● An undergraduate degree in the life sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering) from a top-tier university is preferred but not required. Advanced degrees (MDs, PhDs, MBAs) are not required, but will be considered.