The ideal candidate will have technical and financial experience relevant to both venture and late stage growth equity in the area of Healthcare. The Sr. Associate will identify new investment opportunities, conduct diligence on prospective investments, and lead research initiatives. Responsibilities include leading core due diligence with management and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), conducting technical, market and financial analysis, attending major conferences, and developing investment memoranda which s/he will present to the entire partnership. S/he will also work with portfolio companies on fundraising, strategy and operational initiatives, often in the role of Board Observer.
● Support all aspects of due diligence and deal execution, including market research, financial projections, valuation opinions, and strategic assessment.
● Have extensive involvement with analyzing new investment opportunities in Healthcare and Biotech.
● Provide quality input and feedback on new deal opportunities; participate in investment committee meetings.
● Monitor portfolio company investments and report on a quarterly basis for investor reporting.
● Assist in the development and execution of portfolio company investment and ultimately the exit strategies.
● Communicate research findings and recommendations to senior members of the deal team and the investment committee.
● Build relationships & work with portfolio company management to monitor performance, develop & execute growth strategies during firm’s hold period.
● Collaborate with US and China teams to define and conduct high-impact industry research projects, relying on both primary and secondary sources, in order to help shape investment strategy and identify attractive investment targets.
● 3-5 years of experience in the venture capital or private capital industry, with a focus on life sciences.
● MD or PhD in relevant disciplines is preferred.
● Able to synthesize results of qualitative and quantitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
● Excellent working knowledge of finance, accounting, and financial model building.
● Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills